Thoroughly interviewing a prospective in-home caregiver is the key to not only ensuring that you’re hiring a trusted, quality caregiver but it is also key to giving your loved one and yourself peace of mind.
Here we outlined 8 critical questions that will help you decide whether the agency is the right fit for you and your loved one:
Regarding Money-Related Questions
Make sure that you’re prepared for any out-of-pocket expenses and that you’re getting the most value for your money.
- Will this service be covered by either your insurance or by Medicaid?
- What does your service include and what does it NOT include?
Regarding Playing by the Rules
Make sure that the in-home caregiver candidate is in compliance with all the established rules and regulations. If they don’t answer these questions to your satisfaction or are unwilling to provide proof the call it “conversation over” and move on to your next interview.
- Ask if they are Medicaid and Medicare certified.
- Ask if their in-home caregivers are licensed, bonded and insured.
Of course, you want to make sure that you hire someone that both you and your loved one are comfortable with. These two questions can give you a better sense of compatibility.
- Will you send the same person each time?
- If my loved one isn’t happy with their caregiver can they request a different one?
Above all else, you want to feel confident that your loved one will be safe. Ask the agency these two questions to help give you peace of mind.
- What’s your hiring process, does it involve any sort of screening?
- How do you handle employees whose actions may be non-compliant?
It is important to talk to the agency about this list of questions. Once you have a chance to compare and contrast different agencies, you will be able to make an informed decision to find the right company for you and your loved one.
AyiConnect provides a platform to connect you with local bilingual and monolingual caregivers and nannies, au pairs, tutors and more. Join us to start this journey! It is free to sign up, search and chat with your prospects. Get help to release stress and focus on being presence.